So if you remember back in December 2009 I had my appendix taken out. Well while I was in the ER, they did a CT of my abdomen. They found a cyst on my right side but didn't take it out during the appendectomy because they couldn't really tell if it was attached to my ovaries or not. So after many tests and ultra sounds they determined it was a cyst that wasn't going to go away on it's own. So yesterday June 14, 2010 I went and had outpatient surgery at the Banner Desert Surgery Center. The nurses were so great and the surgery went as planned. Sorry if this is too much information.. but the cyst was as big as a baseball. I didn't even have any pain and wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for the CT scan in December. Anyway because it was outpatient they woke me up right after and sent me home.. well the anesthesia obviously hadn't worn off yet so I was very nauseous. I was throwing up everything and nothing would stay down. I was so weak because all day on Sunday I could only eat liquids and nothing after midnight. So along with the soreness from the surgery I was throwing up which didn't feel very good.. So I had a miserable day yesterday. But this morning I woke up and was just fine. Everything I ate stayed down and it was fabulous!! I am still very sore from surgery but I also have pain medication to help with that!!! So I hope all of you have a fabulous week!!
{love}
melissa
Holy cow, I can't believe that you had a cyst that big! I guess it's a good thing you had to get your appendix out so they could find that cyst huh? :) I know how it is throwing up after surgery...that happened to me. Since then, before my surgeries, I've told the anesthesiologist and he has given me anti-nausea medication. Just a tip if you ever have surgery again (which I'm really hoping you don't!). I'm sorry that you've had two surgeries in the past 6 months! I hope you feel better really soon!!!
ReplyDelete