Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

First, I want to wish all the Fathers out there Happy Father's day!! You guys are all amazing! And now let me share with you a little about my dad..
I absolutely adore him. He is so great and loving. I never take a moment with him for granted. You see, he has had diabetes since he was 30. In 2001, his kidneys were failing and he needed a kidney transplant ASAP or there was a possibility he wouldn't make it. So he was put on a transplant list at the hospital, but this would be a long wait. like 3 years. so we spread the word and family and friends were being tested to see if we could find a match. Well one of his good friends was tested and was a match and wanted to be the donor. The doctors did the transplant and all went well. I will always be grateful for him and his willingness to help out. If it weren't for him, my dad probably wouldn't be here. Since then he has had many hospital visits and infections and all that jazz. But he is very tough and is fighting for as long as he can!!
Because there are only 2 girls in my family, we were always the princesses. still are. And now that my sister is now married, I am the only girl at home. and I am always treated like a princess from my dad. This kind of explains our relationship. Dad is a softie and usually always says "yes" to me. I am not spoiled by any means, but I am just loved! And yes I am and always will be a DADDY'S GIRL! :)
Ever since I got my permit and my license and because he can't drive, I am always his driver. We spend a lot of time together and just talk. When my mom is gone, I give him his insulin shots and so I am his nurse. But no matter what I am always his little girl!!
I love my dad so so much and couldn't have asked for a better one!!
{love}
melissa

2 comments:

  1. Your dad is amazing! I just love him. And I know that he is SO proud and happy to have you as his daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dad is a wonderful guy. I know he is proud of you and Kristen. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete