This summer was a pretty exciting one!! I finished my first year of college, which is still so weird for me. My brother Brad and his family from South Dakota drove down and stayed for a few weeks in May. I had planned on going back to visit this summer anyway, so to save some money we decided for me to drive back with them! Well 1 van, 6 kids, 4 adults, 5 states, a stop in Show Low to visit Heather's sister and family and 28 hours later we made it to South Dakota! It was quite the adventure. We drove through the night so the kids could just sleep. It was so fun to stay with them for a few weeks!
For the 4th of July we went to the D-Backs game. It was so fun. We all got free t-shirts, they had an amazing program honoring all of the soldiers fighting for our freedom, and even had a big firework show afterwards! We had a fun time as a family and hopefully they play at home again next year so we can go again!
| All the family that went |
| Sportin' our free shirts! |
My best friend, Sarah, had a birthday in July so a bunch of us girls got together and had such a fun day together! We went to lunch, hung out at her house, then some of us went and saw Spiderman. I love all of these girls so much!
One of my friends, Kortney, got an cornea ulcer {crazy right?} so Sarah and I went to visit her and took her some DQ. We had a blast just talking and hanging out!
| Sarah, Kortney, me |
One of my best friends left on his mission at the end of August. We have been best friends since he moved here in 4th grade. We became even better friends when we went on a tour with our choir Junior year of high school.I miss him so much already. He truly is so amazing and loves the gospel so much and is going to be a great missionary!
| Traditional Missionary dinner |
| We have all been in the same church classes since we were little! Best friends forever. We are missing Rachel who is at BYU! |
| Me, Holden, and my mom |
| Sure do love this guy and am going to miss him! Oh , and I also got to speak with him at his farewell. |
| This was my last Sunday with my sunbeams. I loved working with them and their crazy personalities. |
I got to play with these girls before Linds went back up to BYU and Hayley got engaged!
| Sarah, Linds, Me, Hayley |
Well that is my summer in a nutshell. My family did take a 10 day trip to Illinois which I will post about later. Some big changes have happened, but that will come later too!
Over and out.
{melissa}
No comments:
Post a Comment